I was thinking about how many popular songs (and some not-so-popular ones) center around traveling—often a specific location, sometimes the journey itself. I decided to compile a list of my “Top 10” favorites—which wasn’t as simple as I first thought it would be. I ended up with an interesting mix of old and not-quite-so-old songs that cross genre lines and musical styles. I couldn’t help but notice that many of the selections pre-date my existence! Good music has no expiration date! 🙂 Oh, and I ended up with a tad more than ten…
- Ramblin’ Fever – Merle Haggard
- Georgia On My Mind – Ray Charles (or Michael Bolton, or Michael Buble)
- I’ve Been Everywhere – Johnny Cash
- Never Been to Spain – Elvis Presley
- Kokomo – The Beach Boys
- Traveling Man – Rick Nelson
- King of the Road – Roger Miller
- On the Road Again – Anybody but Willie Nelson…ha!
- Promised Land – Elvis Presley
- Vacation – The Go-Gos
- Walking to New Orleans – Fats Domino
- Take Me Home Country Roads – John Denver
- What a Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
Okay, this has got to stop somewhere… What are some of the tunes that make you want to grab your suitcase and hit the road?